Sunglasses are not just a fashion accessory; they are a protective gear that shields our eyes from harmful rays of the sun, dust, and wind. However, finding the right pair of sunglasses can be tricky as different styles suit different face shapes. Here is a guide to help you choose the best sunglasses for your face shape.
1. Round Face Shape: If you have a circular face shape with soft features such as full cheeks and a rounded chin, go for square or rectangular-shaped sunglasses. These sharp-edged frames will add angles to your face and create a contrast that will enhance your overall look. Stay away from round/oval sunglasses as they will only add more curves to your face.
2. Oval Face Shape: An oval face is characterized by balanced proportions with no sharp angles or corners. People with an oval face can confidently sport any sunglasses style, be it round, square, aviator, or cat-eye. Just make sure to pick sunglasses that are proportional to your face size.
3. Square Face Shape: If you have a strong and defined jawline with a broad forehead, then you have a square face shape. To balance it out, you need sunglasses with rounded edges, such as oval or round frames that soften the sharpness of your face. Avoid square or geometric styles that will further emphasize your facial structure.
4. Heart Face Shape: People with a heart-shaped face have a wide forehead and a narrow chin, which gives a heart-like appearance. To complement this face shape, opt for cat-eye, round, or aviator sunglasses with curved edges that will soften your face’s top half. Avoid oversized or embellished frames that will overpower your face.
5. Triangle Face Shape: Also known as the pear shape, the triangle face has a narrow forehead and a broad jawline. To balance the top half, go for oversized or cat-eye sunglasses that are bold enough to draw attention away from your jawline. Avoid narrow or small frames that will make your jawline more prominent.
The Right Frame Materials:
Apart from face shapes, frame materials also play a crucial role in selecting the right pair of sunglasses. Depending on your usage and preference, you can choose from various materials such as plastic, metal, acetate, or titanium. While plastic is lightweight and budget-friendly, metal frames are sturdy and long-lasting. Acetate frames are stylish and comfortable, whereas titanium is ultra-lightweight and hypoallergenic. It is advisable to invest in high-quality frames that provide maximum protection and durability.
Lens Color and Coatings:
While frames are essential, the lens’s color and coating also determine how effective your sunglasses are in protecting your eyes. Sunglasses lenses come in various shades such as gray, brown, green, blue, and yellow. Each color has its advantages and benefits, such as brown lenses enhance color and contrast, while green lenses reduce glare and make bright colors stand out. Similarly, coatings such as polarized, mirror, and anti-reflective can enhance visual comfort, reduce glare, and provide better clarity in different light conditions.
In conclusion, selecting the right pair of sunglasses can enhance your style and protect your eyes. By following the above guidelines on face shape, frame materials, lens color, and coatings, you can pick the perfect pair of sunglasses that suit your needs and preferences. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and colors to find your ideal sunglasses that make you feel comfortable, confident and stylish.